Mailing Labels with EasyEnvelopes
If you're not running Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) yet, file this away until that great day.
Using the cool new Ambrosia Software EasyEnvelopes Dashboard widget,
you can print labels or envelopes to anyone in your Address Book, or
you can enter an address right there on the EasyEnvelopes
When I’m sending a package, I like to print out a ‘label’ on
ordinary paper, then I cut it out and tape it to the box with clear
tape. I found (after trial and error) that these settings work
well for such a label:
Width 6", Height 3.5"
Here is a PDF file showing what a printed label will look like.
Here’s how to set up EasyEnvelopes for label printing:
- Download and double-click EasyEnvelopes to install it.
(“Download” link is in the upper right corner on the web page.)
- Click the little i in the lower-right corner of the EasyEnvelopes widget.
- Click Change Envelope Size...
- (You are now in the Page Setup dialog beloning to EasyEnvelopes.)
- Click Paper Size > Manage Custom Sizes...
- (You are now in the Custom Page Sizes dialog, which is for all printing, not just for EasyEnvelopes.)
- Click [+] at lower left to make a new custom size.
- Double-click ‘Untitled’ and change it to say ‘Mailing Label’
(and here is where the story really starts).
- Set these: Width 6", Height 3.5".
- Click OK (back to Page Setup).
- Be sure the Paper Size pop-up is set to Mailing Labels.
- Click the icon for Portrait mode (not landscape).
- Click OK (back to EasyEnvelopes).
- If the return address doesn’t look right (mine didn’t for some reason),
- Click Return Address > Custom...
- Fill in your name and address.
- Click OK.
- Click DONE.
- this page